I’m on day 18 of the Blogilates 90 day challenge meal plan. Cassey Ho at Blogilates designed the meal plan off of the Eat Clean Diet, specifically the Fitness Competitor “Cutting” diet plan, by Tosca Reno. I have learned a lot over the past 18 days, and I’m glad to say I’ve discovered a few new (to me) snacks that I will ALWAYS have from now on!
- FRUIT. Of course this is at the top of my list…These are easily apart of my desserts now, as well as my pre-workout morning snack! Sliced up apples are my favorite. Apples, bananas, blueberries, grapes, cantaloupe, kiwi…the list is long! I’ve discovered that over-ripe bananas actually make an amazing ice cream too! (Recipe HERE!)
- NUTS. Almonds, pistachios, walnuts, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts….another long list here! Avoid nuts that are overly processed or are covered in salt. Being processed destroys a lot of the nutrients. Look at the list of ingredients on the package…if it says anything other than the actual nuts, move on! “Raw” or “natural” on the bag is usually a good place to start.
- VEGGIES. Raw celery, carrots, broccoli are great for on-the-go. My all-time-favorite is SWEET POTATOES!!! I slice them up, coat them in a little bit of coconut oil and BAKE the slices for 20 mins on 425°F. I will probably eat a sweet potato every day for the rest of my life since I discovered this slice-and-bake deliciousness. Seriously–go TRY it!!!
- YOGURT. Greek low- or non-fat yogurt is the best! My favorite brand is Chobani. They have smaller 6 oz cups with fruit on the bottom. Tons of protein! If you are avoiding sugar in any form, go for plain greek yogurt. I also love getting a big container of plain greek yogurt to use in place of sour cream….yummmmm!
- HUMMUS. Tons of protein, great for dipping veggies in!
- GRAINS. Anything made of WHOLE grains is great. Try making your own granola bars (Recipe Example!) Whole grain toast is another thing I like to snack on in the mornings. (HERE is my favorite brand of bread!) Try making your own oatmeal cookie snack, like THIS. Or tasty banana muffins made of whole grains! I really enjoy these high protein yogurt oatmeal pancakes.
- OTHER. Hard boiled eggs are very easy for on-the-go. Cottage cheese is great– I eat 1/2 cup at the end of the day. This is a great snack when you are building muscle. (If the texture weirds you out but you still wanna give it a go, sprinkle some sunflower seeds in it.)
I hope this post was helpful 🙂 What are YOUR favorite clean/healthy things to snack on?
Posted on December 4, 2011, in Diet/Food and tagged 90 day challenge, blogilates, clean diet, clean meal plan, eat clean diet, fitness, health, healthy snacks, pilatespolekat, recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.