I dunno about yall, but on Fridays I always think I am ready to stick to my fitness goals throughout the weekend…but somewhere along the way (uhmmm, Saturday morning?) I get WAY off track! Get togethers, parties, spending time with my husband and kids–things like these tend to be my excuses for slacking. (Notice I said excuses–NOT reasons! Socializing and family time are important!) So…every other Friday, I will post some tips on how I will be staying focused on my fitness goals through the weekend. This might be quick, yet effective workouts…or simple meal plans…things that will hopefully keep myself accountable, and maybe inspire someone out there to stay motivated each weekend!
Tomorrow I have a family Christmas dinner with my husbands extended family in the mountains. Needless to say, there aren’t many clean diet items on the menu! And since I am trying to get some definition, I follow a strict meal plan as much as possible 🙂 So, here are my personal goals for this weekend!
- Sleep/Wake. Go to bed by 11pm. Wake up early enough to eat 6 small meals per day (my children take care of the wake up part for me!)
- Eat, eat, eat! This is why it’s important for me to avoid sleeping in. If I want to eat a small meal every 3 hours, I’ll need to be awake to get in 2-3 meals before we leave for the mountains.
- Avoid the dessert table. This is a no brainer! Refined sugar is SO terrible for your body. (Bring a healthy alternative, or have some fruits or sweet potato for dessert instead!)
- Load up on the clean stuff! Fill up on turkey, chicken, veggies & fruit. Easy!
- Drink water. I like to bring a Smart Water (1 liter) every where I go. It’s easy to keep track of how much I drink, plus if I have a bottle of water with me I’m less likely to want to drink anything else.
So there are some things to help me not go totally crazy with food at family Christmas dinners! They are pretty simple, but actually doing them is the hard part!
What are some of your fitness/meal tips for getting through a busy weekend? Comment below!