The Ultimate Body Applicator
I’ve been researching each ingredient individually and here is what I’ve found! (Various sources on the internet, livestrong.com was a main source.) Another distributor of ItWorks products had a doctor tell her that these are like a giant multivitamin for the skin! Love it 🙂 ~Kat
- Horse Chestnut Extract – (a popular herbal anti-aging ingredient!) it is a compound that protects and strengthens the veins and capillaries. It prevents cellular filtration (leaking). It pomotes better and healthier collagen. It fights inflammation.
- Centella asiatica (Hydrocotil) Leaf Extract – promotes healing, as well as preventing the formation of scar tissue. Its historic use was in the healing of leprosy wounds, as well as ulcerated skin, wounds, burns and ulcers. Research has shown that asiaticoside can also help provide treatment for leprosy and skin tuberculosis. The triterpenes in Centella asiatica are able to renew the collagen and restore tissue firmness and skin elasticity. Apart from this it also has anti-psoriatic properties.
- Green Tea Extract – green tea is a natural antioxidant & is great for protection against skin cancer among many other things.
- Bladderwrack Extract – filled with minerals that help nourish and cleanse the skin of toxins that cause dryness, wrinkles and excess fluid retention.
- Hedera helix (English Ivy) Extract – antifungal, antiviral, antioxidant… also used to treat sunburn (anti-inflammatory). reduces water retention. reduces cellulite.
- Horsetail Leaf & Stem Extract – reduces hemorrhaging (including menstrual bleeding), promotes faster healing of wounds. Diuretic (promotes release of toxins). Antiseptic. Astringent.
- Butcher’s Broom Extract – promotes healthy circulation, preventing varicose & spider veins. decreases cholesterol in blood. It has diuretic properties that help to rid the body of excess water and toxins. Anti-inflammatory. It’s considered to have a balancing effect on hormone levels, which may help with the mood swings associated with PMS and puberty.
- Guarana Seed Extract – One of the most powerful benefits of guarana is its energizing effect. Boosts metabolism by increasing thermogenesis. Good for cardiovascular health.
- Jojoba Seed Oil – amazing moisturizer. minimizes fine lines & wrinkles. softens and adds suppleness to skin. promotes rejuvenation of skin. Unclogs pores. Prevents dehydration.
- Menthol – Gives cooling sensation…used as a topical analgesic to relieve minor aches and pains.
- Camphor – Antimicrobial. Produces a cooling feeling similar to menthol.
- Panthenol – plant-based form of Vitamin B. Penetrates into the deepest layers of skin. Diminishes wrinkles by moisturizing into the deepest layers of skin. Reduces inflammation, soothes irritation and initiates the rebuilding of your skin. Counteracts bacteria.
- Retinyl Palmitate – Vitamin A, increases collagen production to reduce wrinkles. Used in many anti aging products.
- Rosemary Leaf Oil – tones and firms skin, reduces puffiness/swelling. astringent. antibiotic. Circulatory benefits of rosemary lead to an improved complexion, allowing nutrients to effectively reach the skin while removing waste products and toxins.
- Eucalyptus Leaf Oil – promotes regeneration of skin tissue. improves blood circulation. antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral.
Ugh. More like burned off the wagon.
I haven’t done any kind of workout since Thursday night. THURSDAY, people! It’s been almost a full week. Thursday I got in a great workout, I did my Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack (level 1) workout with NO modifications… in fact, I was excited because I made it as hard as the most advanced versions in the video, and some of them (like the burpees) I did more advanced than they even show at all in the video (I do a push up once I’m down as well as jumping once I’m up)… about 2 hours after that I did a really hardcore pole workout (haha, hardcore for ME anyway!)… I nailed my invert with no hands several times, got my cartwheel handspring super straight (see previous post) AND I GOT SCORPIO INVERT for the first time ever!!! Man I didn’t realize how much core you use for scorpio… I thought it was mainly legs…psh!
The next day, Friday, I was so sore! I wasn’t going to work out anyway because I really needed to let my body recover after all that. All day Friday, I was out of town visiting family… I got home pretty late too… Saturday, I slept in a little and then spent the entire day with my hubby and girls (it was his one day at home in the middle of a lot of days at work)… Sunday, oh Sunday. It was BEAUTIFUL outside on Sunday. I was outside a lot longer than I should have been. Me and my 4 year old were outside playing (in direct sunlight btw) for about an hour… then I decided to lay out and tan for a bit. It felt sooo good to lay in the sun. My back and back of my legs got a beautiful golden hued tan! Then I flipped over onto my back…Ahhh it felt sooo goood…… So good that I wanted to take a nap……………oh crap, I took a nap. And then, I was toasted. So needless to say I have been recovering ever since. Thanks to 95% aloe lotion, Virgin Coconut oil & a bit of Tea Tree oil, I have survived the worst part. And I am hoping I wont peel at all…so far so good!
Tomorrow, I should feel good enough to work out again. *sigh* now that I’m a week behind my 6 week 6 pack. Perhaps I will do it twice a day this week. IDK we shall see….
Until next post!